Workshop and Field Visits: Using Vineyard Prunings for Heat Production (27 February 2020)
Date and time: 27 February 2020, 2019, 09:00 – 17:00
Venue: l’Enològica building Auditorium, C/ Amàlia Soler, d’, 029; Vilafranca del Penedés, Spain
The AgroBioHeat project would like to invite you to a workshop and field visits entitled “Using Vineyard Prunings for Heat”.
Vineyards are cultivated in more than 3 million hectares in Europe. Every year, huge quantities of vineyard prunings are generated as part of the agronomic practices, but the vast majority of this quantity is not properly disposed and is burnt on the field.
However, it is possible to bring value to this biomass resource by using it as a raw material for heat production. By joining this event, participants will have the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of how stakeholders in the Penedés wine region have managed to implement sustainable heat production for their municipality and businesses.
Participants to this event will have the chance to:
- Learn more about the activities of the AgroBioHeat project and how vineyard prunings are used for heat production in real cases from all over Europe
- Visit and learn details on the project development of “La Girada” facility of the Vilafranca del Penedés municipality, where a 500 kW biomass boiler, fueled exclusively by vineyard prunings, provides heat to a network of municipal buildings.
- See a demonstration of mechanized vineyard pruning harvesting in the field, in the framework of a biomass-to-energy supply chain
- Visit the modern winery facility of Familia Torres, including its 1 MW biomass boiler
- Network and liaison with participating stakeholders from the wine and biomass sector from all over Europe!
A detailed agenda is available below.
The Worskshop and Fields visits are organized by the AVEBIOM – Spanish Biomass Association and Centre for Research and Technology Hellas in the framework of the AgroBioHeat project. The support of the Vilafranca del Penedés municipality, Familia Torres and the Biomass Cluster from Catalunya is gratefully acknowledged.
Participation to the Workshop & Field visits is free of charge; however, due to limited availability, interested parties are kindly requested to confirm their participation by using this registration link: https://form.jotform.com/200161897014955