Agrobiomass: A Rural Solution in the Green Transformation EUGreenWeek
Hybrid event (Brussels / Online): June 2, 2022| 14:30 – 17:00 CEST
This event will provide an overview of the potential of agrobiomass
in rural areas highlighted from different perspectives from policy
makers, industry experts, national associations and other stakeholders
with a focus on the best practices to be shared and discussed with the
Additionally, as the event marks the final conference of the AgroBioHeat project, it will also touch upon how the achievements of the project can be applied to benefit future policies related to the EU Green Deal.
The event will introduce the topic with an overview of the policy framework and the role of biomass in the agricultural context as well as being part of the solution to achieve the EU Green Deal’s objectives. Followed by a roundtable discussion where a panel with distinguished guests will assess the potential of agrobiomass, the role of the current and future policy framework, and present success stories and initiatives to further develop this sector.
- Elsi Katainen, Member of the European Parliament, AGRI Committee
- Manolis Karampinis, AgroBioHeat Project Coordinator, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Georgiy Geletukha, Head of the Board, Ukraine Bioenergy Association (UABIO)
- Tihamér-Tibor Sebestyén, Researcher, Green Energy Cluster
- Tajana Radic, Head of Division, EU Innovation Partnership, Agriculture & Innovation (EIP-AGRI)
- Eric Nederhand, Director Government Relations Europe, Olam Food Ingredients (Ofi)
- Barbara Pokrzywa, Sales Director, ASKET
Moderator: Irene di Padua, Policy Director, Bioenergy Europe
This event will be taking place online and in Brussels. Participants attending in person are invited to join a networking cocktail after the event.
For registration, please go to: https://form.jotform.com/221222785656358