AgroBioHeat at European Bioenergy Future 2020
European Bioenergy Future Conference
In previous years, more than 200 participants have gathered to learn, debate and network, utilising this unique platform to access business opportunities and learn about the policy framework. From market leaders to influential policy makers, EBF collides two worlds to exchange ideas and solutions on building a stronger, greener future.
EBF 2020 will explore the future of the bioenergy sector focusing on the prospective legislation’s that are set to define the way forward for the industry.
From understanding whether the Green Deal is an opportunity for bioenergy to understanding how sustainability has the potential to become an asset for the bio-economy market; these are just a few questions that will be raised.
A live panel featuring a selection of leading industry experts from EU representatives to leading industry specialists from boiler manufacturers through to bio-fuel producers.
AgroBioHeat / BIOFIT Workshop: Agrobiomass – a key resource for the European energy transition
Huge volumes of biomass are generated every year in Europe from agricultural activities. However, despite its huge potential, agrobiomass is mostly underutilised and often mismanaged.
Technological developments, novel organization models and new policies promise to transform the role of agrobiomass in Europe and enable it as a key resource for the transition of the energy system. In this workshop, the AgroBioHeat and BIOFIT projects join forces with market actors, manufacturers and researchers to offer a glimpse on key supply chain and technical developments in the field of agrobiomass utilisation: from small scale heating to industrial use!
- AgroBioHeat is a Horizon 2020 market uptake project that aims to promote renewable heating solutions based on agrobiomass in rural Europe.
- BIOFIT is a Horizon 2020 project that intends to support and initiate bioenergy retrofitting opportunities in five industry sectors: first-generation biofuels, pulp and paper, fossil refineries, fossil power and CHP plants.
- Date / Time: 17 November 2020, 09:00 – 13:00
- Venue: Steigenberger Wiltcher Hotel, Brussels, Belgium
- Registration: Participation in the AgroBioHeat / BIOFIT workshop is open and free-of-charge for all interested parties. Space limitations may apply. For registration, please visit the EBF conference website: https://conference.bioenergyeurope.org/register/
- Agenda: Expected to be released in September 2020 through the EBF conference website.
- Accompanying events: Working Group Competitiveness (17 November 2020, afternoon) / Main Conference (18 November 2020) / Working Group Domestic Heating & Pellets (19 November 2020). Specific limitations and attendance fees may apply for these events. Please visit the EBF conference website for further details.
- COVID-19: the conference organizers aim for a physical event to be held in Brussels. If there is a need to adapt or create a hybrid virtual event to keep in line with safety regulations, registered participants will be notified by the Bioenergy Europe team no later than the 30 September 2020.